RUN ZONE AC JO-BURG CHALLENGE | 25 MARCH 2018
Enter the Run Zone Jo-Burg Challenge and join in the fun – all are welcome! The last race before Oceans and the first to be held in Northcliff, Fairlands and surrounding areas! Don’t miss out!
Running through the suburbs of Fairland, Weltevreden Park, Montgomery Park and returning through some of the flat and down sections of Northcliff back into Fairland. View Rout Map for more details.
25 March 2018 @ Berario Recreation Center, Northcliff
21km & 10km starts @ 06h00am | 5km fun run / walk starts @ 06h10am
- R 40 5km fun run
- R 80 10km run
- R 130 21.1km run
Temporary Licences Cost : R 20 – 10km | R 25 – 21.1km
Walkers, Slinged Prams and Joggers of all ages are welcome!
IMPORTANT NOTE: Discovery Vitality Members
Participating in this year’s Run Zone Jo‐burg on 25 March 2018 will earn up to 300 fitness points for completing the 5km event, up to 600 points for completing the 10km event and up to 1 500 points for completing the 21.1km event. Points will be automatically awarded and will take up to four days to reflect on the Vitality Points Monitor.
Download Run Zone Jo-Burg Challenge Flyer
Choose any of the following ways to enter the Run Zone Jo-burg Challenge:
- Online entry form
- Online entries at www.entrytime.co.za
- Download Run Zone JHB Challenge Entry Form
- Collect Run Zone Jo-burg Challenge Entry Forms from Berario Recreation Center @ weekly time trials, weekend club runs or selected sport shops: Sportsman’s Warehouse Cresta, Randburg Runners in Linden, Sweat Shops – JHB branches
Manual entries to be completed and submitted with proof of payment to club admin at Run Zone weekly time trials and weekend club runs OR emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Online & Pre‐entries close 18 March 2018 @ 17h00.
Late entries will be accepted on number collections & race day registration.
Payment via EFT or CASH accepted at the Weekly Club Time Trials & Weekend Club runs.
Bank Details :
Reference : Intial & Surname JHB as reference when paying via EFT
Account Name : Run Zone AC
Bank : Nedbank
Account Number : 2011275679
Branch Code : 198405
Type : Savings Deposit Account
PROOF OF PAYMENT REQUIRED FOR NUMBER COLLECTION!
FRIDAY: 23 March 2018 @ 10h00am – 16h00pm @ Berario Recreation Center
SATURDAY: 24 March 2018 @ 13h00am – 17h00pm @ Berario Recreation Center
SUNDAY: 25 March 2018 @ 4h30am – 05h50am @ Berario Recreation Center
Online & Pre‐entries close 18 March 2018 @ 17h00
Late entries will be accepted on number collections & race day registration
EVENT RACE RULES:
1. The event is held under the rules of ASA and CGA.
2. Athletes indemnify the national, provincial and regional bodies, sponsors and organizers of the race against any or all actions of whatsoever nature, whatever the same may arise out of their participation in the race.
3. All athletes participate at their own risk. Athletes acknowledge by entering the event that they are medically fit to participate. All athletes must supply the name and contact number of their next of kin on both the race number and entry form.
4. Licensed athletes must wear club colours and their 2018 license number back and front, with the race number worn on the front of vest. Licensed athletes who do not wear their 2018 license numbers must purchase a temporary license on the day or face disqualification.
5. Temporary licensed athletes to wear plain clothing with the issued temporary license on the back of their vest. No temp licenses are issued for marathons or ultra marathons.
6. Athletes competing for category prizes must wear clearly visible age tags of the appropriate size, on the back and front of their running vest.
7. No seconding allowed.
8. International Athletes must provide a clearance letter (from their country of origin) to the organizers and chief referee prior to the start of the event. Prizes will be withheld if this rule is not adhered to.
9. Walkers competing for Walkers prizes (if any) must wear Walker tags on the front and back of their running vest.
10. No blades, cyclist or mechanically operated devices allowed inthe race.
11. No 2, 3 or 4 wheel carts/prams which are mechanically or manually operated by participants, or wheelchairs athletes will be permitted to participate without special permission has been granted from the race organiser. All such participants MUST start at the back of the field.
12. No animals/pets are allowed to participate.
13. Only South African athletes are eligible for team prizes. The domicilium rule applies.
14. All instructions from traffic and race officials must be obeyed at all times.
15. Proof of age for prize winners is required and must be presented to the referees before prize giving. Prizes will be withheld until all the necessary details of the winners are confirmed.
16. Only those who have completed all the information required in the race entry/number are eligible for prizes.
17. No refunds.
18. No earphones, iPods and the like allowed and contravention of IAAF rule 144.2b, may lead to disqualification.
19. Athletes may not run with another athlete’s race number unless by prior arrangement with the race organizer.
20. The race organizer retains the right to refuse entry and eject persons under the influence of drugs or alcohol, who are disorderly, or engage in inappropriate behaviour, vandalism or evade paying for admission.
21. Athletes who participate without buying a race entry will be disqualified, will not be entitled to any benefits associated with the race and will be liable for a double entry fee charge. Habitual offenders (those who regularly participate without purchasing a race entry) will be called to a CGA disciplinary.
22. Licenced athletes not wearing club colours may face disqualification.
23. Littering is not allowed. Athletes are to dispose of any litter in appropriate bins. Athletes can be disqualified if they litter.
24. Objections/disputes must be lodged within 30 minutes before and after prize giving in writing to the chief referee accompanied by R500.00 which is refundable if the appeal is upheld.
25. No athletes should be denied his prize money if he/she has entered a race, and allowed to start without an electronic chip, providing that the referees have spotted him/her at each and every check point. This implies that the athlete has ran the entire race and won fairly.
26. Foreign athletes are not allowed to run with a ASA Provincial licence and are required to purchase a temporary licence or face disqualification. (Refer to IAAF rule 4.)
27. Foreign athletes are not allowed to run in club colours unless such club exist in their country of origin or they are in possession of a refugee status permit or are naturalised citizens of RSA. (Refer to IAAF rule 4.)
CMIYC Superwomen Run | 24 MARCH 2018
Catch Me If You Can will be hosting the CMIYC Superwomen Run (5 & 8 km) at our venue. Visit CMIYC Facebook Group for more information on the event.
Hosted by Catch Me If You Can