Corner Beyers Naude Drive &
Water Points every 3km
Printed Buffs to all Finishers
Fairland Walk Shopping Center hosts a range of stores for all your Running needs
Adequate parking close to the start
run zone a c proudly presents our very own event
Venue | Fairland Walk Shopping Center
Address | Corner of Beyers Naude & Wilson Street, Fairland
Date | Sunday 21 July 2019
Time | 07:00 and 07:10
Distance | 15km and 5km
Whether you are new to running or find yourself at the beginning of the season itchy to get going on your new goals, it’s time to “Bridge the Gap!”. You have gritted out the 10km races and are leading up to some of the well known half marathon challenges. Now its time to break the ice and stretch out a 15km route at race level.
The 15km route is run within Run Zones neighbouring backyard, in the suburb of Fairlands. With all Run Zones events you will experience our heart and soul as you wind along the route enjoying every step of the way, as our water points, marshals and hosts will share the love of running with you. This route will present all fairness as you will be rewarded for your working sections, preparing you kindly for the half’s and marathons ahead of you. Finish this route and you will earn a souvenir buff for all your efforts.
Entries are limited to 3000 participants for the combined events. Limited entries may be sold on the day, however no guarantee that a finishing buff will be issued to these participants.
|17 June 2019||17 July 2019|
Sportsmans Warehouse Blackheath
|17 June 2019||17 July 2019|
Run Zone Athletics Club
Northcliff Country Club, 1 Fir Drive, Northcliff
Weekend Club Runs 08:00 – 10:00 (morning)
Time Trial 17:00 – 19:00 (evening)
|22 June 2019||14 July 2019|
Fairland Walk Shopping Center
Corner Beyers Naude & Wilson Streets, Fairlands
19 July 2019
12:00 – 17:00
20 July 2019
10:00 – 17:00
Pre-Entry fees and Late Entries will be charged the same, however entries are limited to 3000 participants.
|Entry Fees||15 km||5 km||Closing Date|
|Online / Manual Entries||R 130||R 60||17 July 2019|
|Grandmaster||R 90||R 30|
|Temporary Licence||R 23||Not Applicable|
|Substitutions / Upgrades||Not Applicable||Not Applicable|
Online prices may increase to cover service fees.
Prizes & Prize Giving
Official prize giving will commence at 09h00. Spot Prizes will be given to the Category Winners.
Contact | Graham Block 072 276 9635
Contact | Candis Lubbe 084 371 0123
Email | email@example.com
- The event is held under the rules of ASA and CGA.
- Athletes indemnify the national, provincial and regional bodies, sponsors and organisers of the race against any or all actions of whatsoever nature, whatever the same may arise out of their participation in the race.
- All athletes participate at their own risk. Athletes acknowledge that by entering the event they are medically fit to participate. All athletes must supply the name and contact number of their next of kin on both the race number and entry form.
- Licensed athletes must wear club colours and their 2019 licence number on the back and front of their vest, with the race number worn on the front of vest. Licensed athletes who do not wear their 2019 licence numbers must purchase a temporary licence on the day or face disqualification.
- Temporary licensed athletes must wear plain clothing with the issued temporary licence on the back of their vest.
- Athletes competing for category prizes must wear clearly visible age tags of the appropriate size, on the back and front of their running vest.
- No seconding allowed.
- International athletes must provide a clearance letter (from their country of origin) to the organisers and chief referee prior to the start of the event. Prizes will be withheld if this rule is not adhered to.
- No blades, cyclist or mechanically operated devices allowed in the race.
- No 2, 3 or 4 wheel carts/prams, which are mechanically or manually operated by participants, or wheelchairs athletes will be permitted to participate without special permission granted by the race organiser. All such participants must start at the back of the field.
- No animals/pets are allowed to participate.
- All instructions from traffic and race officials must be obeyed at all times.
- Prize winners must present their proof of age to the referees before the prize giving. Prizes will be withheld until all the necessary details of the winners are confirmed.
- Only those who have completed all the information required on the race entry/number are eligible for prizes.
- Prize winners must be present at the Official Prize Giving in order to claim prizes.
- No refunds.
- No earphones, iPods and similar devices are allowed, as they are in contravention of IAAF rule 144.2b and may lead to disqualification.
- Athletes may not run with another athlete’s race number unless a prior arrangement is made with the race organiser.
- The race organiser retains the right to refuse entry and reject persons under the influence of drugs or alcohol, who are disorderly, or engage in inappropriate behaviour, vandalism or evade paying for admission.
- Athletes who participate without buying a race entry will be disqualified, will not be entitled to any benefits associated with the race and will be liable for a double entry fee charge. Habitual offenders (those who regularly participate without purchasing a race entry) will be called to a CGA disciplinary.
- Licensed athletes not wearing club colours may face disqualification.
- Littering is not allowed. Athletes are to dispose of any litter in appropriate bins and can be disqualified if they litter.
- Minimum age for participation is 15 years old for the 15km distance event.
- Supervision is compulsory for participants 9 years old and younger for the 5km distance event.
- All foreign athletes must comply with the rules of IAAF and ASA Rule 142.2 and 4, Foreign athletes are not allowed to run with an ASA Provincial licence and are required to purchase a temporary licence or face disqualification (Refer to IAAF Rule 4)
- Foreign athletes are not allowed to run in Club colours unless such Club exists in their Country of origin or they are in possession of a refugee status permit or are naturalised citizens of RSA (Refer to IAAF Rule 4).
- Cut-off time for all events is 10h00.