Hosted by Run Zone Athletics Club
NORTHERN CHASE ROUTES
RUN ZONE JOBURG NORTHERN CHASE RACE INFORMATION
Start Times: 32 / 15km: 06h00 | 5km Fun Run: 06h20
Collections & Late Entries @ Marks Park Sports Club:
21st March 2019 – 23rd March (10hoo-16h00) & 24th March 2019 (04h00-06h00)
Temporary Licence Non Registered Athletes: 32km: R35 | 15km: R30
Medals: For all finishers before Cut-off
Prize Giving: 15km @ 09h00 | 32km @ 10h00
Race Cut Off: @ 11h00
- Tog Bag Drop Off & Safe Parking
- Equal prize money for Men & Women!
- No Refunds.
- No seconding allowed.
- No blades,cyclist or mechanically operated devices allowed in the race
- No 2, 3 or 4 wheel carts/prams which are mechanically or manually operated by participants, or wheelchairs athletes will be permitted to participate without special permission has been granted from the race organiser. All such participants MUST start at the back of the field.
- No animals/pets are allowed to participate.
- All instructions from traffic and race officials must be obeyed at all times.
- No earphones,iPods and the like allowed and contravention of IAAF rule 144.2b, may lead to disqualification.
- Littering is not allowed. Athletes are to dispose of any litter in appropriate bins. Athletes can be disqualified if they litter.
Event Race Rules
1.The event is held under the rules of ASA and CGA.
- All athletes participate at their own risk. Athletes acknowledge by entering the event that they are medically fit to participate. All athletes must supply the name and contact number of their next of kin on both the race number and entry form.
- Licensed athletes must wear club colours and their 2019 license number back and front, with the race number worn on the front of vest. Licensed athletes who do not wear their 2019 license numbers must purchase a temporary license on the day or face disqualification.
- Temporary licensed athletes to wear plain clothing with the issued temporary license on the back of their vest. No temp licenses are issued for marathons or ultra marathons.
- Athletes competing for category prizes must wear clearly visible age tags of the appropriate size, on the back and front of their running vest.
- International Athletes must provide a clearance letter (from their country of origin) to the organizers and chief referee prior to the start of the event. Prizes will be withheld if this rule is not adhered to.
- Walkers competing for Walkers prizes (if any) must wear Walker tags on the front and back of their running vest.
- Only South African athletes are eligible for team prizes. The domicilium rule applies.
- Proof of age for prize winners is required and must be presented to the referees before prize giving. Prizes will be withheld until all the necessary details of the winners are confirmed.
- Only those who have completed all the information required in the race entry/number are eligible for prizes.
- Athletes may not run with another athlete’s race number unless by prior arrangement with the race organizer.
- The race organizer retains the right to refuse entry and eject persons under the influence of drugs or alcohol, who are disorderly, or engage in inappropriate behaviour, vandalism or evade paying for admission.
- Athletes who participate without buying a race entry will be disqualified, will not be entitled to any benefits associated with the race and will be liable for a double entry fee charge. Habitual offenders (those who regularly participate without purchasing a race entry) will be called to a CGA disciplinary.
- Licenced athletes not wearing club colours may face disqualification.
- Objections/disputes must be lodged within 30 minutes before and after prize giving in writing to the chief referee accompanied by R300.00 which is refundable if the appeal is upheld.
- No athletes should be denied his prize money if he/she has entered a race, and allowed to start without an electronic chip, providing that the referees have spotted him/her at each and every check point. This implies that the athlete has ran the entire race and won fairly.
Graham – 072 076 9635 | Candis – 084 371 0123
All Participants agree to and hereby bind themselves to the following indemnity:
Athletes indemnify the national, provincial and regional bodies, sponsors and organisers or the race against any or all actions of whatsoever nature, whatever the same may arise out of their participation in the race.